Pidgie's pages Headline Animator

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My own personal scary monsters!

I'm sitting here thinking of the things that scare me. Of all the things in the world I can think of it's not having a "well spent life." I saw a documentary back before people were making films about every possible thing under the sun. In it a film maker,Les Blank was was visiting Kansas University at a showing of his film, A Well Spent Life. The film was about Mance Lipscomb,A Texas Delta blues guitar man. I remember the feeling I came away with after watching the film. Mance Lipscomb the elderly guitarist had spent his life playing the blues. He lived a humble life, not rich, by any standard, probably poor by most. His life was his music, and just being alive. Living and being thankful for it.

I wonder about all the things we put ourselves through and the worth of those things. Striving for so much we think we need, or maybe not. What's important, what's the point.
In the film you met the Mrs. A charming elderly African American woman, like her husband, humble. They seemed so comfortable together. Could I ever be that content, that comfortable with my life. It seems like a good question. I often wonder if my life is that complicated of if my choices have just been choices, not of the heart, or perhaps just not true enough to self. I still don't know.
My scary monster. Waking up some day to realize I've over complicated things and missed all the simple joys that can make life the kind of a journey that when your done, you can say it was a, Well spent life."

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Well Mc. As your son VIA Facebook - your officialy the only man I know that i can read a blog full way trhough. Your kind alike me - looking for the things to wonder if it's all worth it - I'm still young and i got a long ass way to go. But everyday is a scary day - new doctors - new tests - I know theres worse things out there - but none the less- still scary. I know i seem like a "Sarcastic asshole" But you can ask anyone one of my friends, That I've been told be be somewhat Inspiring. For instance - I'm the kind of perosn, who will walk for miles and miles. and instead of stop - to sit - I stop on a cold breeze of air - Look up and breathe it in as thankful as possible. It's a little thing and through my entire life, I have thrived, enjoyed. and fulfilled every little thing that comes my way. To the smallest passing Fly. I can find beauty in a pedaless dead flower. It's all about "What it Was". ANd Mc - If you cant say your life is well spent - Thats a Lie, because under the belt of your "What it Was" - Is and everything - You might walk aorund wondering your purpose - your joy - or what ever, But in the meantime - Your creating paths for the people you speak to. I know for a fact - If i never would of met you for even a moment - I woudl still be pacing the hallways Bauling my eyes out wiht no idea what direction to take. But it's because o fyou I keep my head High, It's because of You Staci gets things done. I've never in my life heard somone say so many times "Tv Productions: Feels like Home" .. and yea given - home means we dont work much. But that damned room is more then a Class - It's a Community. and you started it. Thats Something I'd give the world for - to be a part of something Big - in a little place.