Pidgie's pages Headline Animator

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Topeka Coffee Party, (my private manifesto.)



We are working on a Coffee Party situation here. I know that there are many arguments (for and against) for this type of seemingly partisan politics. I for one feel the need to participate on some level.It has always been my experience that to be a good citizen one needs to stay informed and abreast of the times, not only the current topical aspects, but the historical overview of what has transpired in the past.

Learning is not a part time occupation, but a life long one. Attempting to understand the working of human nature and government are considered by some to be beyond the realm of comprehension. I believe that this attitude can be dangerous, It is much to easy to persuade those who know little of the working of government and people that the view of the elite and powerful is the correct one. So, I say this if you have no desire to learn and be aware of what is done both to and for us, then we deserve the leadership (and problems) we get. I for one will attempt to do what I can within the knowledge I have and the beliefs I hold to increase the betterment of those who I share this planet with. Those who would abuse the the idea of a reasonably decent life for all are my foes.

Help us to do what I feel in my heart and head to be right and help our community and planet. Coffee Party may be a reaction to something else, but it is a step in the right direction of dialogue and betterment for all of us.

We meet every two weeks. Next meeting, Blackbirds Cafe on the 19th. of April unless otherwise noted.

http://www.coffeepartyusa.com/

Vern

No comments: